Back for good: Moving from WordPress to Blogger (again)

Sorry for the radio silence!

I have a very bad habit of jumping from one blog to another and not being consistent. In fact, it's so bad that I even wrote a blog post about it... in my other blog on WordPress.

On the bright side, I will now be merging ALL of my blogs together right here and staying with Books, Coffee and Cake for good now.

Seriously. This time for real. I promise.

That was the plan in February 2020. I've no idea why that changed and why I kept posting on that WP blog? Maybe because it was associated with my real name and I thought of it more like a professional blog. But since neither of my blogs have any consistent traffic of any kind and I'm not very serious about promoting them (yet), I figured, it won't hurt to dump everything into one place, start writing and posting regularly, with time get my mess of a blog sorted out and see where I'm going with it.

I've looked through all my options and came to the conclusion that staying on Blogger would be most convenient in the long run. Here's my reasoning, in case anyone's curious.

1. Admin dashboard is easy to use. I used to like WP more. It's changed. It has lead to many moments of frustration when I endlessly click around and can't find what I need. It probably sounds silly, but the dashboard was the main reason I stuck to WP for so long. I just really liked it back in the day.

2. Hosting. I don't want to bother setting up a whole website of my own. I've tried it before with my sister's pet project (that I kind of manipulated her into starting; sorry!). It's too much hassle. I'd rather just write.

3. Custom domain. Only available for Premium WP users. It's way easier on Blogger.

4. Custom theme. I can customize a Blogger theme easy-peasy. I've done simple tweaks before. On WP I'd need a Premium account for that.

5. Monetization. I got my AdSense account thanks to Blogger. I just need to get some traffic going and I'll be golden. WP? Do I need to say it? Premium only! And I'm not even sure if it's available for my country anyway. Probably not. Most definitely not.

So, that's pretty much all my reasons. I've long fallen out with the blogging community so nothing is really keeping me tied to one blog or another. All the blogs are on the same playing field when it comes to traffic and exposure. I'm starting from scratch. Let's hope for a rewarding journey!

Comments

Popular Posts