TBR Pile Challenge 2018


Another great reading challenge for the upcoming year! It's hosted by Adam from RoofBeamReader. For the TBR Pile Challenge, I've decided to go with the very first twelve books on my TBR list. They've been sitting there for nearly seven years (since February of 2011 when I joined Goodreads). That's how long it's been!

Here are the books I'm going to read for the TBR Pile Challenge 2018.
  1. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.  (review)
  2. Ulysses by James Joyce.
  3. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.
  4. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
  5. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
  6. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.
  7. A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
  9. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.  (review)
  10. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
  11. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
  12. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
Alternates:
  1. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.
  2. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

Comments

  1. What a great list of classics and well-known books. I know I read some of these in my high school and college years, but I should take another look as an "adult" to see if I can get more out of these books with different life experiences. I hope you enjoy! Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of my all time favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've read One Hundred Years of Solitude and loved it, so I'm looking forward to reading more books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Re-reading books as an adult is a great idea. I also want to do this with some of the books I've read in high school.

      Delete
  2. We're doing a Les Mis readalong this year - it has 365 chapters - that's one a day. They're nice and short, so you could still catch up :-)

    http://www.nicksenger.com/onecatholiclife/les-miserables-chapter-a-day-read-along-structure-and-history

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like fun. Thanks for telling me! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is a great list! I've read five of them, the two Austens, A Tale of Two Cities, Catch-22 and Ulysses. I did not enjoy Ulysses, and I hated the first half of Cities, but then I absolutely LOVED the second half! It made the whole work more wonderful. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts