End of year projects | #amwriting

previously published on my Halcja's Place blog

I've ended my last blog post with questions that I already know the answers to.

What should I focus on? What craft should I master?

The answers to those are drawing and writing. That's what I've been doing for the last two or three years. Maybe even longer. But I need to start producing better quality products and finish at least one goddamn project instead of jumping from one thing to another all the time!

So with drawing, I've decided to make the next 100 illustrations (that I'm going to show on my Instagram) in one style.

As for writing, and I've already mentioned it on Twitter, I want to write a collection of poems and flash fiction until the end of this year. I'm aiming at 100 pages. I was also thinking about illustrating it so I'll probably need about 50 works of fiction. I've already written 8 or 9 free verse poems in the last few days and started writing two poems that actually rhyme! Oh, and I should probably mention that I'm writing in Ukrainian this time. But don't worry! If I don't hate the result, I'll translate the poems into English too.

Why am I writing in Ukrainian? You might ask. Well, that's because I've found a way to self-publish them (I don't want to deal with our publishers). There's one service that allows you to publish e-books as well as offer your books as POD. The books will then be available for sale in three or four popular online stores, including Amazon. It's a free service too. They only have some starter's fee of two dollars or something like that. So it all looks good. I just need to finish my book now. Easy! xD


Comments

Popular Posts