Cozy personal anonymous blog | Random Ramblings

previously published on my Halcja's Place blog

I've been bulk editing the blog posts on my 'failed' Ukrainian blog and noticed one interesting thing. I have a lot of great posts there. Book reviews, English lessons, tutorials, posts on psychology etc. And then I have rants. All of the posts are written by me, but when some of them show my professional side, other make me look like a little insufferable brat. No wonder I had little to no success with my blog! People were subscribing to in-depth book reviews and educational posts but instead, I would occasionally give them whiny rants about politics or social injustice in general. Okay, I might be over dramatic here. My political rants were just as entertaining as my book reviews (I hope!). But I myself now unfollow people on twitter if they tweet too much about politics. I use Twitter mostly to engage with other writers and tweet about #amwriting (or at least that's my intention). So when I see too much politics on my Twitter feed, it's annoying at the very least. And yet I do the exact same thing. I don't compartmentalize.

The other thing may be that I make my blog posts too personal. It's not necessarily a bad thing to get personal when writing your blog posts. I love reading blogs that are personal. But I have a feeling that I might be overdoing it.

And keeping all those thoughts and feelings to myself is not an option. So I've come to a conclusion that rants could be posted to a different blog, preferably anonymous. That way you're still letting out the steam but your rants don't affect your public image.

I don't know if this makes any sense. Maybe there are people who write such horrible vile things that shouldn't go on the Internet at all! But I'm judging from myself. I like letting my thoughts out into the world. Maybe I feel this way because I don't have any real friends and have no one to rant to. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to burden other people I actually know and talk to with some of my thoughts and worries.

Personally, I have a blog like that. But it's not completely anonymous. There's one person subscribed to it who knows me IRL. And two or three people knew about it back when I first started blogging, but I doubt that they even remember that I had this blog or what was my username. It would be interesting to know, how anonymous is this blog really, but I guess, I'll never know. Unless I post something completely terrible on there and someone calls me out on it. But I doubt that'll ever happen. I may be negative sometimes, but I don't have any thoughts bad enough for me to be ashamed to post them online. Or at least I don't think so. Ha-ha!


Comments

  1. I think we second-guess ourselves sometimes. Like, did we offend by saying this one thing or whatever. I think you are doing fine. It is ok to rant or ...well...ramble like I know I do. If anything, it is your blog. Do what you want. *smiles with a thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Billy. You are right, I do that all the time, but, I think, it's mostly because of little to no feedback. But now that I got feedback from you I'll be more at ease the next time I feel like writing a rambling post. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts