Back to the Classics 2018


I'm back on this blog with a new reading challenge for the year 2018! It's the Back to the Classics Challenge hosted by Karen from Books and Chocolate. I've already attempted this challenge in 2016 but soon after signing up for it, I've abandoned my blog for a variety of reasons. But this time I've decided to give this blog and the challenge another chance.

So here are the categories and the books I'm going to be reading next year.

1.  A 19th century classic. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

2.  A 20th century classic. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck 

3.  A classic by a woman author. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

4.  A classic in translation.  Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy.

5. A children's classic. The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit.

6.  A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan.

7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

8. A classic with a single-word title. Middlemarch by George Eliot.

9. A classic with a color in the title. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.

10. A classic by an author that's new to you. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy.

11. A classic that scares you. Mobi Dick by Herman Melville.

12. Re-read a favorite classic. The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek.

Here's my list! I'm really excited and can't wait to start reading these. I'm particularly looking forward to re-reading Švejk. I really like this book and I've been thinking about re-reading it for a while, so now I finally have a good reason to do it!

Comments

  1. Awesome list! I too have a George Elliot and Mansfield Park. I loved Far From the Madding Crowd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts