Social Media Hiatus

previously published on my Halcja's Place blog

Yesterday I deleted all of social media apps from my phone. It was a kind of a spur of the moment decision. I don't think I've got the mental energy to deal with social media right now, so taking a break looks like the right thing to do. It's not like I've been actively tweeting or posting anyway, so I don't think that anyone will even notice. Maybe staying away from social media will finally let me dedicate more time to my blog. Instead of sending ten tweets, I can write one blog post on the same topic. That will be a lot more beneficial to me from whatever angle I look at it.

Social media is fun but it has a tendency to distract you. Using it, I feel like I'm scattering my thoughts. It would make sense to later gather those thoughts into a blog post, but I only think about it and never act on my intentions.

And look at this! I'm already writing a blog post about my social media hiatus. My plan is working! I'm being productive. I'm getting things done.
Get prints with this design on my RedBubble.
Check out my Shutterstock portfolio.


Comments

Popular Posts