What I dreamt of last night

I woke up somewhere around 6 a.m. today to the weirdest dream ever. I wasn’t going to share it with anyone at first. But then I scribbled it down in my journal, and it turned out to be quite an interesting, weird and a bit disturbing dream.

So here it is.

It was late at night. I was waiting for a bus. The driver for some reason gave me a chair (just like one of those we had in school). He called for us to get on the bus, but it was farther down the street. As I was running with this chair, a guy started talking to me. At some point he offered to help me. As we were approaching the bus, he said that I’ll have to pay him. I was expecting that, ready to give him a twenty. But he said that I owe him something like “twenty… or one hundred thousand, or ten thousand. If you don’t have that much, then a thousand would be enough.” I said that I don’t have that kind of money. He said, that it’s my problem, pulled out a gun and shot me in the head.
I remember falling to the ground and feeling funny, as if all the air was suddenly pushed out of my lungs, and I flew away with it. And I was thinking “This is it. Now what comes next?”.
I was expecting my consciousness to switch off. I was waiting to die. I actually thought “So this is what it feels like to die”. I felt myself die in this dream.

I tried googling dream interpretations. Not that I believe in that. I was thinking more about the psychological side of dreaming. The interpretation (here) said something along the lines, that I feel victimised or hurt by someone, who forces on me responsibilities that I don’t like and/or need. I’m afraid that I’m not meeting someone’s expectations. I struggle for survival in my lifestyle, social status and career.

I've also read, that people actually often dream of dying. I sometimes have weird dreams, but nothing too bizarre. So this time I woke up a bit shaky, thinking what's wrong with me? What is my brain trying to tell me?

I don't have dreams every night. In fact, the last few times that I've dreamt of something, was during naps. It could be that I wasn't ready for the night's rest yet, so my brain just continued processing information on his own pace, giving me these dreams.

If dreams are just our brains dealing with excess information, that was absorbed during the day, that would explain why I dream so rarely. I overthink everything. I usually sort out my worries during the day, by constantly running them through my head. Writing and journaling also helps with information overflow. And that is exactly what I failed to do yesterday. I just didn't feel like dealing with my worries, so I stuffed them into the back of my consciousness. And they found their way out through a dream.

Now I've started reading the Dream wiki page, and just look at all the theories about why we dream! I'll have to read more into it.

How often do you have dreams? What was your weirdest one? Tell me in the comments. <3

Comments

Popular Posts