Summer To-Do List 2015

In a week or two I'll enjoy a lot more free time, but that doesn't mean, that I can get lazy. Quite the opposite, as I've got some plans for this summer. And some of them I'll be sharing on this blog. So here's my Summer To-Do List in no specific order.

Read more! And get that reading organized!
First of all I'll need to get myself out of this reading slump. I'm not good at making TBR lists and sticking to them. But I want that to change. Right now I have a bad habit of picking up too many books at the same time. I let myself get disinterested too quickly. That's the reason I have such a hard time joining a reading club, which is kind of sad. So this summer it will change! I'll make a TBR list and actually stick to it. I'll choose something from different genres, but try to stick to titles with more good reviews and recommendations, as I don't want to risk falling back into the reading slump again. So here goes nothing. This summer I'll be reading:
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  • Golden Calf by Ilya Ilf, Yevgeni Petrov (I've read the first book 12 Chairs ages ago and have been meaning to read this one ever since)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Paper Towns by John Green (need to read this before July 24th!!!)
  • smth by Stephen King (book title coming soon)
  • Saturnin by Zdeněk Jirotka
  • smth by Jane Austen (need to check, what I haven't read yet)


Sit down and write!
I need to write more! As I've mentioned before, this blog is where I practise my English. Or at least that's what I should have been doing all this time, instead of ditching it for six whole months. So here's one thing I need to be serious about, but wait there's more.

Last year I participated in the NaNoWriMo 2014 and got down on paper (or computer screen) about 35 000 words, raw and disoriented. I wanted to do Camp NaNoWriMo in April to fill in the gaps in the plot and start editing the whole mess, but never got to that. Good thing there is summer! Right?

This part of my to-do list is a bit intimidating, but I know, that that's for my own good. Do I want this book finished or not?

What? That's it?
Well... Yes and no. I'm not specific about the other plans, as they are very 'general'. And maybe there's too many of them? I don't know. I haven't tried counting. So these are plans, that I set for myself every once in a while, like eat healthier, work-out, sleep more etc etc.

Can't wait for this summer to start!

Comments

Popular Posts