Too many blogs

previously published on my Halcja's Place blog

I have a problem with organizing my blogging life. I impulsively create new blogs and try to compartmentalize (with questionable results) my life, my career and creativity, and all that's underneath it. What makes things worse is that I blog both in English and my native language and I just can't let go of the latter one, even though I know that I won't have as much feedback or any at all. The wise thing to do would be to first of all dump my Ukrainian blog and all the other Ukrainian projects. I don't have time for that, especially taking into account that my blog posts and videos get about ten views and sink into the depth of the pit of Ukrainian web. It's not worth it. Ukrainians don't want this type of content. Frankly speaking, I have no idea what they actually want. Maybe some Ukrainian bloggers or YouTubers are successful but I'm not so why do I even bother? I just can't seem to kill the last sparks of hope that maybe my reader or viewer is somewhere out there and I just have to wait for him to find my blog or podcast. They're not but I'm still hoping and wasting my time. Well, but at least I don't worry about it now.

As for my other blogs and projects... I have this blog, which is a personal/writing blog. Then there's my book blog. Long abandoned youtube channel that I have no idea what to do with. Do I really need a youtube channel? And if I do, what kind of videos should I post? The simple answer would be - whatever I like. But that's the problem. There are many things that I like. And I only have one life to fit them all in. I should probably make a pro-con list or brainstorm ideas for my abandoned youtube channel. And journal about it on top of that. Maybe that way I'll be able to sort out my thoughts and find out what I really want to do and what blogs and projects I actually need.

And then I had this idea to make a blog for my poetry and fiction. Something like a writer's portfolio. I'll still be posting my poetry here, but the idea behind the new blog is to only post there polished poems and short stories. And maybe I could post here snippets from my WIPs. That would be interesting.

I actually already have a medium blog for my poetry but I keep forgetting about it. Medium is not really my thing. Besides, I wanted to make this new blog on Wordpress. And I can still cross post to all these blogs. Reach out to more people on different platforms.

The only platform that I don't think I will join, is Wattpad. First of all, because I've already posted my writing in Ukrainian there. I don't think I want to have stories in two languages published in the same place. That would be confusing for the readers. I know that some people do it, but I don't think it's something for me. Besides, I've heard a lot about the pirating situation on Wattpad, so it's better to be safe than sorry. My stories can still be pirated if I post them here or on Wordpress, but at least I haven't heard of this being a "common practice" on other blog platforms.

What do you guys think? Do you have more than one blog or a youtube channel? Does it make sense to have multiple blogs or do you think that it's better to keep everything in one place? Share your thoughts in the comments!


Comments

Popular Posts