The biggest mistake I ever made since starting a blog...

 ...was to abandon it.

Blogging is all about commitment. You are putting yourself out there on the internet, sharing thoughts, discussing ideas, and being vulnerable. Sometimes this means that at times you will feel like quitting. Don't do it!

Here's my take on it. If you have a blog and at any point in time submit to your negative emotions and randomly quit, go private, or take it off the internet, you might regret it later on when you have a change of heart, try to return, and Google no longer cares about you.

That's what happened to me.

After abandoning this blog for about a year, I decided to give it another try. After all, I poured my heart and soul into it. And my blog posts are pretty decent. I used to always pride myself on having good organic traffic.

So, imagine my shock when I discovered that my blog had completely disappeared from the internet. As I understood, my blog was no longer indexed and I had no idea how to fix it.

With my cherished WordPress blog, all hope is gone. I don't know exactly what happened, but at some point WP.com decided to no longer allow the freeloaders to have full functionality of their blogs, so being indexed is now a privilege only for premium users (don't take my word for it though, I figured as much as I needed to decide that I will no longer be trying to revive my WP blog).

Why am I still here, you ask? Well, I think my Blogger might be recovering. There is still hope! Funny how that happened just a few days after I started a new one, also here on Blogger. I think, that I'll use it for drafts and planning, all the things you don't want to see here.

And I'll be slowly coming back to my tiny cozy place on the internet. Welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts