[RE] Starting a Personal Blog in 2023

 I created this draft in February 2023 and am finally ready to make it into a blog post. Somehow, with the clocks set to wintertime and the year coming to an end, I got my reading mojo back and that lingering desire to pour my thoughts into my cosy corner of the internet (and since my favourite WordPress blog is beyond recovery in Google SERP, I'll be hanging around here for now).

Archie enjoying a nap next to my laptop and planner.

My plan for the rest of the year 2023 is pretty straightforward:

  • stay on top of work tasks
  • read a few more books
  • work on my creative writing
  • relaunch my YouTube channel (?)
  • work on my art
  • better myself

For the last few months, I've been going to an art studio, so now I'm very motivated to continue painting in my own time and space. I even got the thing that holds your phone over the table for bird's eye view videos. You can probably tell that I'm bursting at the seams with plans and ideas.

What can I say to that? Finally! Spending the last few years in waiting mode wasn't the best for my mental health. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I feel my motivation coming back and I'm trying to grab it and make sense of it while I can.

So, when it comes to this blog, I'll probably pick up where I left it and continue posting life updates and book reviews for the most part. Then I can share some of my writing process, art and DIY projects... and remember that time when this was going to be sort of a cooking blog? Well, if I ever decide to cook something, you'll be the first ones to know.

At the end of the day, this is my safe space where I can vent and pour out my thoughts. I'd like to give it more of a direction eventually but as long as I'm writing I'll be fine.

That's it for an update! Hope to talk to you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts