It's not that I don't read

I've been in a reading slump for so long now, that I don't even bother to worry about that. I'm pretty sure, it's been weeks, maybe even months. And the reason for that slump is my bad habit. I'm a hoarding reader. I start reading one book, but the moment I feel the slightest bit bored, I put it down and pick up something else.

But it's okay to drop books, right? You don't have to finish every single book. Well, my problem is, that I don't drop books - I stack them. A single look at my "currently reading" shelf on Goodreads makes me feel panicky. I'm not finishing anything. Does that even count for reading at all?

So this year's spring cleaning has been my "reading" cleaning as well. I've moved all the books except two (Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark) to the "on hold" shelf. And I'm not putting anything on the "currently reading" shelf, until I finish another book, even if what I'm reading right now is "unshelved".

I sometimes think about all this too much. Maybe I should just enjoy reading instead.

Sorry for this babbling. <3


Comments

Popular Posts