Coconut Pound Cake

I've been busy lately (meaning that I've been too lazy to update this blog), but I'm back now! There's also this other reason for my silence. I've came up with an idea for a blog name and concept, and loved it so much, that I even concidered leaving this blog behind and starting a new one. After a few months of pretending to be too busy to think about it, along with working more on my Ukrainian blog, I've finally come to the decision to rename this blog and slightly change it's concept. So welcome to Books, Coffee and Cake! From now on I'll concentrate mostly on desserts. That's my number one favourite thing to make! And at some point I'll start reviewing books. So that's what's been on my mind lately. I'll try to go with the flow and see, where it brings me.

And to celebrate my reviving of this blog, here's a super easy recipe of a coconut pound cake.



Coconut Pound Cake

Ingredients

125 gr shortening
150 gr flour
150 gr sugar
150 gr cream
2 eggs
0,5 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
40 gr shredded coconut

Instructions

1. Get the shortening out of the fridge beforehand, so that it was soft. A lot of recipies say, that you can melt it on the stove or in a microwave, but that means extra dishes to wash, so I've decided to take my time.
2. Add sugar and stir till smooth, but it's okay, if there are some lumps left. They won't ruin the cake.
3. Add cream and eggs. Mix.
4. Sift the flour and combine it with salt and baking powder. Add it to the mixture.
5. Finally add the shredded cononut and mix everything together. It doesn't have to be very smooth and even. Just make sure, that there aren't any big lumps.
6. Pour the batter into a greased pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius) for 40 minutes. The time may vary depending on your oven. Once the cake starts to spread its fantastic aroma all over your house, you can check it with a wooden toothpick. Stick it into the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry and clean, your cake is ready.



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts